Realm of Gaming has posted an exclusive interview with the dev team of The Four Heroes of Light (The Remake of Final Fantasy 4 and 3)
Here is the interview reposted on FinalFantasy.CC, also please dont forget to visit the original link : http://www.realmofgaming.com/interviews.php?interview=32
1. What aspects from the remakes of FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY IV will be in The 4 Heroes of Light?
We've drawn inspiration from FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY V for the new Crown job system, and FINAL FANTASY IV to craft a story full of encounters and departures that shows the characters' individuality.
2. Which classic games from the series were most influential in The 4 Heroes of Light?
We looked at standard Family Computer (Famicom) RPGs for influence, such as the original FINAL FANTASY I through III and DRAGON QUEST I through III (from the Japanese market).
3. What feature new to the series makes The 4 Heroes of Light stand out most from the others?
The fact that it's new, yet nostalgic. Games, like entertainment in general, have recently been segmented, but we tried to accurately create a traditional title using current technology (like a Pixar movie)!
4. Could you tell us more about the Crown System of jobs and which ones you like the best and why?
My personal favorite is the Fighter! I've always preferred the monk over the warrior, as I've always liked characters that develop without relying on weapons. As a professional wrestling fan, this aspect really appeals to me!
5. How does the progression of time throughout the day affect gameplay?
Time progresses in the world map and you will see that day and night exist in towns and dungeons. The enemies you encounter at night will be tougher.
6. There are varied landscapes and environments such as green fields, dense forests, wide seas, barren deserts, and cold snowy pole. Which will we see most through our journeys?
In the world map, I suppose you will come across dense forests the most. But note that you'll come across stronger enemies in dungeons, so make sure you're prepared!
7. What is your favorite dungeon from the game?
My personal favorite is the great tree of Arbor. It's fun to explore inside the enormous tree as an animal. For those that would like to fully explore the game, search for the hidden towers and attempt to conquer them in multiplayer mode!
8. What have you done to keep the boss fights fresh and exciting?
We focused on the impact and individuality of the bosses and adjusting the balance. This time we've based them on the Seven Deadly Sins, and used the sins to develop design ideas and put them into their attacks. They're all strong enemies that are worth fighting, so don't slip up!
Thanks for taking the time to enlighten us on the work behind FINAL FANTASY: The 4 Heroes of Light!